Sunday, September 9, 2012

Gimp Status.


Well, its been nearly 4 weeks from the day I got my cordisone shot.  I had a picnic this week where my coworkers were playing volleyball.  There was no way I was missing that.  I figured since it was week 4 (and I was told "3-5 weeks" that I'd be fine taking my boot off.  I took that sucker off ASAP and played an awesome game of volleyball with no pain.  I wore the boot home but decided that it was my last day wearing the boot.  On friday I strolled to work boot free all smiles.  I was pretty active walking around at work.  When I got home at the end of the night my foot was feeling sore and I was a little scared.  I woke up this morning with the same pain that I had felt prior to the shot 4 weeks ago.

Talk about a let down.

I literally almost started crying while putting my boot back on today.  I'm not really sure why that upset me so much-- I think mostly because I'm frustrated with this pain and I just want to be better already.  This shot was supposed to cause me to be pain free for 6 months.... and I'm in week 5 and having the same pain as before.  The shot was so painful the first time, I really don't want to go through that again, but I'm already doing all the exercises that I would be doing if  I was in Physical therapy.  Its just super frustrating.

1 comment:

  1. I bet that is super frustrating and it just played on your emotions. Totally understandable. I hope the exercises help get your foot back to being pain free again!

    ReplyDelete