Friday, August 10, 2012

Birchbox: August

So I'm a little overwhelmed with the amount of Birchbox item's I've gotten this week.  I got my August box  (box number 2)  today, much faster than my July box.

At any rate these are the Item's I've gotten in my box for this month-- with reviews to come later!

The biggest and probably most "expensive" item that I got from my box was the new Schick Hydo Silk razor.  Birchbox must know how much I love to shave my legs so they decided to give me a razor (Hilarious birchbox....)  The little note on the front of the razor says: 
" We scour the high-end beaty world for products you need to try.  Like right now.  But we also keep an eye out for affordable finds that will improve your day to day, like this new razor by shick.  The water- activated serum moistruizes skin while you shave, and the innovative oval-shapped design hugs tricky areas like knees and ankles.  Were adding this trail to your usual sample haul because we think you'll love it"-- Birchbox

... We'll see about that.  I'm not so convinced that any ovaly-new fangled razor could make me want to shave my legs any more than the mandatory once in a blue moon.  ANYWAY.  I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.
This is the next little gem I got in my box.  Very tiny yes, but apparently has amazing abilities to moisturize.  I have already decided because of the size of the sample that I will be using this cream strictly for my cuticles which you can tell from the picture CLEARLY need some hydration. 


 The next item that was included in my box was the Viva La Juicy La Fleur perfume by Juicy Couture.  I'm not really a huge fan of changing up my perfume.  I have 2 perfumes I Use: Victorias Secret Heavenly and Victorias Secret Love spell.  The perfume that I got in Julys box literally had the most awefull packaging.  It was essentially a little tube with a cork at the top and impossible to open without getting it all over your hands.  And if your like me-- your hands are always close to your face which makes for a really potent smelling morning.  The packaging on this sample is WAY better because it actually has a spritzer-- so a Billion bonus points to Juicy Couture for figuring out the spritzer is the more efficient way to hand out a sample.  Anyway I actually really like the smell of the perfume.  I'm not going to begin to try to describe it to you because I'll literally sound like an idiot.  How do you describe a smell? (In my head I keep thinking.."what does an orange smell like?" My answer would be "pretty.... orange-y?!").  Anyway its a pleasant floral smell.


Next I got a pretty awesome lip color and liner.  While I don't ever line my lips, I have been trying out some new colors-- specifically lip tints (because they usually last all day)  This Pixi lip gloss seems like a pretty decent amount of lip gloss.  I have a Pixi eye shadow primer which I love so I'm hoping this gives me just as good results. My only concern is that it may go on fairly dark which I am not really a fan of. 

The last item that I got in my August box was Miss Jessie's Stretch Silkening Creme.... for curly hair.. yeah.. Not really sure why I got this.  Until I looked at my preferences on Birchbox and realized my hair selection was set to curly and thin.  Thin yes.  Curly no.  Wavy? yes.  Who knows.. maybe this creme will help my hair be a little wavier when I attempt to do beach wave hair?! We'll see.  


If you want to purchase your own birchbox click this link so you can get yourself and me some birchbox points!


1 comment:

  1. I loved my Birchbox this Month :))) Good sample sizes and good products. Love PIXI makeup :)))

    ReplyDelete