Thursday, August 9, 2012

Birchbox July


So yesterday I got my first monthly subscription of Birchbox.  Birchbox is essentially a monthly subscription that sends you samples of high end makeup.  The Birchbox website advertises their boxes with the following information: 
"Join Birchbox and get monthly deliveries of trial-sized samples from both well-known brands and emerging gems. It’s the smart way to try and buy new products. Birchbox is the best way to discover new grooming, beauty and lifestyle products. Sample top products from high-end brands, get expert advice, buy new favorites and earn points with every purchase.”

This is my first month of trying Birchbox.  I’ve read a lot of really great reviews about birchbox and the products that bloggers have received with their boxes.  So I grabbed myself a little invitation off a friend (to get them 50 points to spend in the Birchbox store) and I signed myself up!  I signed up right before the end of June so I just got my order in before the July boxes were sent out.  I got a message saying my box was shipped a day or two later and I was so excited.  Birchbox gives you the ability to sneak peek what is in your box while your waiting for it to come.  So of course I HAD to go look.  I was getting some really great things including nail polish which was I was excited for.  I waited a few days—didn’t check the tracking and my box still wasn’t here.  When I checked the tracking I found out that the box had still not shopped.  I immediately contacted birchbox who promptly got back to me and said they weren’t exactly sure why the box hadn’t shipped on time but they have given me 100 points to spend in the store ($10 – or basically gave me my box for free in july) and that the box was going to ship ASAP.  I was kind of sad when I compulsively checked my box info to see that the original items had changed and I was no longer getting some of the goodies that I originally thought I was. 

At any rate, the box came last night and Ill give you a sneak peak at some of the stuff that came in my box.  I’ll be doing some individual reviews of this stuff later but here’s a look at what I got!

The lovely Birchbox
A little post card about the box

Eyeko Skinny purple eyeliner

Joyer luminizing moisture tint

Oscer De la Renta perfume

Earbuds

Boscia green tea blotting linens
If you want to learn more about birchbox or want to order your own theres a link to the right of this blog that you can use to get yourself (and me) some extra points to spend in their store!

No comments:

Post a Comment