Friday, August 17, 2012

Switch2Health Review

So before I became a gimp with a limp I found a pedometer in my college stuff that I had completely forgotten about.  I received the pedometer as a gift but I honestly can't remember from who.  I had worn it once or twice before clearly packing it away in a box.

The Pedometer is offered by a company called Switch2Health.com  
For every 10,000 steps you receive a unique code that can be entered online or via the iphone app (which is super awesome).  Each upload gets you 60 points.  The points can be redeemed for rewards. 

The pedometer itself costs $24.95 and comes in the 4 colors shown above (it also comes in a watch).  I have been using this for about a week again-- and I'm in love with it.  I like the idea of earning points by doing something I should be doing anyway-- and then I'll get rewarded for it.  

The pedometer is a very simple device with only two buttons "Mode" and "Set".  It has a VERY easy to read display which allows even nearly blind people like my dad able to read it with ease.   I've noticed that the pedometer is really accurate unlike some.  I've actually been the geek that I am and counted my steps and compared it to the pedometer and sure enough-- its right!

The iphone app is a pretty ballin' ability.  I literally carry my phone with me everywhere-- so it makes it really nice that I can simply look at my pedometer and if I have a code(it will be showing the code letters) I can simply open the app and get my points! Here are some pictures:


This code has already been used by me!



The only down side about this "system" for lack of a better word-- is the rewards.  

Thats really just a sample of the rewards on their site-- None of the items are really item's ive really ever heard of-- so I'd have to do some research to find an item that I want to purchase.  Originally when I first started using this-- they had itunes and Amazon on here which was really a great idea.  (as I look up there I see a $100 spa gift certificate-- a billion states away from PA--- you can sort the gifts by state which I later did-- no spa gifts near me.. Sad face).  Anyway, Right now I have 360 points so I'll keep racking them up and let you know how thats going for me..

Gaining points as a gimp is going a lot slower than I had originally expected.  Its hard to walk in this boot and for the first few days I have been in a lot of pain.  This morning I stood on the bad foot (I have done it two days in a row with no pain) to wash my good foot and I happened to be standing on the barely raised portion of the floor that is supposed to prevent you from falling.  At any rate apparently that raised portion was too raised for my foot (even though I can barely even feel the raised portion when I run my toes over it).  It literally sent pain the whole way up my foot to my back.  Its been a hard walking day since then.  

I'll keep you posted on the gimp life and how my Switch2Health points are going!




1 comment:

  1. The concept of the pedometer is really awesome! It sucks that the rewards don't seem to be as universal for anyone within the US to use. Hopefully you can find something good to redeem your points for!

    ReplyDelete