Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Weight Loss wednesday


Weight loss Wednesday:

Start Date: 7/25/2012

Today’s Date: 8/1/2012
Weight lost: .7 lbs


Week Successes: Taking a vacation.  It shouldn’t really be a success but coming from someone who works A LOT—having some time to myself is a success in my books!

Week Struggles: Eating out.  While we were on vacation we did eat out… a lot.  Every night for 4 nights.  Yikes.  I need to eat more clean when I do eat out and I need to eat out less!! More planning is needed in my life!

Lessons Learned: Stay strict with my eating.  I’m sticking with the same “lesson learned” as last week only because I don’t really know If I learned the lesson the first time.  When I lost a good portion of weight before, I measured every single piece of food that went into my mouth.  I need that dedication again.

Goals for Next Week: Continue increasing water consumption.  Being on vacation and on the “beach” for the past few days has really dehydrated me.  Somehow I lost my water bottle that I had planned on filling up each day.   Anyway, I took my soda stream to work with me this week so hopefully I can increase the amount of water I’m drinking each day.



Soda stream: 


I got my soda stream after seeing it on Sparkpeoples website.  The idea behind is it to make carbonated drinks from water.  So not only will you get to have the feeling of drinking pop, you’re also increasing your water consumption. 

Basically the soda stream has the base (soda maker) – in black, Bottles (seen to the left) and flavors (Seen to the right).  In the base, there is a mini tank of CO2 which allows carbonation to be put into the water.  All I have to do is fill the reusable bottle up to the water line and attach it to the base.  Add three pumps of CO2 to the bottle (or until it makes a loud … weird? Noise I have no better way of explaining this noise).  I take the bottle off the stand and add my flavoring.  I put the cap back on and flip the bottle upside down, and it all mixes up.  The mixture tastes nearly exactly like diet pop but its way less expensive and way better for you. 

Here is the link to the soda stream website.  It can also be purchased at walmart, kohls, and Macy's (at least-- i'm sure its available other places!)

No comments:

Post a Comment